Why Playing in an Ensemble is an Essential Part of Being a Musician.
First of all, we play music together! So it is very important to play with others. It also helps us develop our ears so we learn to improve our pitch, our sense of rhythm and our expression.
But most of all it is fun!
There are also less obvious benefits:
- Time management skills:
- This is developed through scheduling rehearsals, planning what sections of the music will be rehearsed and to make sure this is all done in time before our performance.
- People skills:
- Helps develop our communication skills.
- We learn to collaborate with others.
- We learn to cooperate with others.
- We learn to resolve problems with others (in actual fact studies show that musicians tend to be better at handling crisis situations).
- Ensemble playing helps us to think on our feet.
- Share ideas.
- Listen to others.
- Respect one another.
- Team-building skills.
- Creative skills:
- Thinking outside the square.
- Working on a creative project with others.
- Expressing yourself through music.
Plus it is a great social activity!
Thanks for Reading:
Sydney Violin Studios